Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring has Spring: Inspiration Post


Title: Spring has (finally!) Sprung

Being from Ohio the sound of birds chirping in the Springtime, or even the ability to simply have your windows open and let the sweet breeze come through the house, is such a welcome time of the year. Most of my pieces previously had centered around a single color (or a few colors) focusing on brush stroke patterns. Not that it's altogether a bad thing. I mean, if I didn't think they were pretty I wouldn't have posted them, after all.

But finally getting out the house after the long and cold winter, inspired me to do something a little different than what I HAD been doing. I wanted to step a little out of my comfort zone and create something that had a definite recognizable form. And also, I wanted to use colors that were so Spring-like that it would be difficult to not recognize it as such. The bright, vibrant yellow just screams *yay! Spring!* to me, and the tall grass (which has been covered with snow for the past 6 months) is something that is so indicative of Spring also.

I hope you like this piece, I know that for me, it has become one of my personal favorites. :)

1 comment: