Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Inspirational Wednesday

Heh So, yeah. I know "Inspirational" doesn't technically have anything to do with "Wednesday". But I just felt like it. And this is my blog. So there.


Deep Crimson, Violet and Blue Hand Painted Glassware
Click to view full listing



I'm really thinking that I need to come up with cool interesting names for my glassware. Just calling it "hand painted glassware", while descriptive, doesn't really have a whole lot of... punch. Or at least some kind of interesting little back story. Let's see... "The world may never know how exactly these glass pieces began their lives. But somehow, by some twist of fate and universal alignment, they found their way to my local thrift store. Each piece of glass then sits there patiently waiting. Until, quite unbeknown by them, I come along to give them a different fate. No longer are they destined to be clear, sparkling glass candle holders, dishes, or cups. No. From that day forward their lives will only be filled with luxorious and rich color. With their sole purpose to pass their colorful beauty onto you. Enjoy."

...
No?
I actually kinda like it. I might have to put that in my Shop Announcement. *smug face*

This one is actually one of the first ones that I've ever made that didn't have ANY light colors in it at all. And seeing the dramatic glow that it gives off, I don't think that it lacks anything. The reason I did that, is because I've started to notice that if there's white in the paint, it makes it that much more opaque. Which, is quite obviously, the exact opposite of what I'm going for. So this was necessity birthing invention.

LOVE it when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, pretty! I think your "blurb" would be a great shop announcement!

    ReplyDelete